[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Oct 27 23:37:58 EST 2008

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 23:14:29 +1100 Kevin Dawson <kevind at esi.com.au> wrote:

> With winding up, I agree - it's spelt out by both the Constitution and
> the Act.  The problem I saw was that we don't have any reference to
> trading or disposing of assets, except that they can't go to members.
> All the proponents of AUUGPS are either members (thereby excluding them)
> or past members (putting them on delicate ground) of AUUG.

If we incorporate AUUGPS, however, then the same (or similar)
restrictions would apply to any assets transferred to this new body i.e.
none of the assets can be distributed to any of the actual members.  The
assets would belong to the new body which should be fine.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/