[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Kevin Dawson kevind at esi.com.au
Mon Oct 27 23:14:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 22:36 +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 12:44 +1100, Kevin Dawson wrote:
> > [lots of good stuff, then:]
> > The Board is not able to simply transfer the assets to individuals.
> > Refer Constitution.
>
> I'm near certain this is only true if the association is actually
> winding up. Until it winds up, the association can do as it pleases with
> its assets, with few constraints.

With winding up, I agree - it's spelt out by both the Constitution and
the Act.  The problem I saw was that we don't have any reference to
trading or disposing of assets, except that they can't go to members.
All the proponents of AUUGPS are either members (thereby excluding them)
or past members (putting them on delicate ground) of AUUG.

> But do please give me a pointer to the current constitution...

http://www.auug.org.au/resources/roles/constitution.shtml , as modified
by http://www.auug.org.au/resources/roles/change.shtml

Kevin