[AUUG-Talk]: Facts - current status of AUUG

David Newall david.newall at auug.org.au
Sun Nov 2 15:11:15 EST 2008

Lawrie Brown wrote:
> roles. Earlier this year I expressed an interest in assisting, and was
> subsequently coopted onto the board by Peter, in accordance with the rules
> for filling vacancies.

I'm reluctant to point this out, but by way of the Devil's Advocate:
Peter can't appoint a member to fill a vacancy by himself.  This needs
to be done by the Board, however it can't meet without a quorum, which
is five members, and as only one person was elected, it can't meet at
all, and so it can't act.