[AUUG-Talk]: Getting a Plan to move on

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Mon Mar 17 21:03:04 EST 2008

Steve,
	I disagree both with both your assertion and David's assertion.  The
motion to wind up AUUG was defeated, not to transfer everything over to
some other organisation and not to just deal with the Lion's Fund Award.

	In fact, you also have the issue that you actually have three
life-members to consider (I presume we can officially resign, but it
isn't just something we can just let lapse).

	You also seem to be very concerned about folding the incorporated
association.  Why not put together a proposal to the current board (if
they will talk) to become members of the board and move into take over?

	An incorporated association provides far more protection than an
unincorporated association, and is seen by more to be what would be
expected for such a group.

	There is nothing stopping AUUG changing direction or changing
leadership, but it would be better to work out a transition though the
current setup than expect everyone make changes.

Frank