[AUUG-Talk]: Re: [AUUG-ANNOUNCE]: [AUUG-BOARD]: Dissolution ballot results

Chris Maltby chris at sw.oz.au
Sun Mar 16 13:25:27 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 12:23:55PM +1100, Christopher Vance wrote:
> Anyway: the voting members have chosen to keep AUUG running as an
> incorporated body.  Now it's time for you all to exdigitate and
> contribute your bit to the prevention of 'trading while insolvent'.
> Your money is useful, but we need ideas and the work towards them even
> more.

Leaving aside the question of what "trading" AUUG might be engaged in
for a moment, is there a suggestion that AUUG is presently (or will
soon) be trading while insolvent? If so, the directors have their duty
clear to either cut expenses or increase income or get a loan with
reasonable prospects it can be repaid.

But, using slightly less precipitous language, it would be good to see
from the board (or others) possible plans to move permanently to a lower
cost structure that is sustainable within the resources available.

Chris