[AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUG membership - confirming email address

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Tue Jan 29 15:23:29 EST 2008

David,

David Newall wrote:
> David Lloyd wrote:
>> David,
>>
>> David Newall wrote:
>>> How is that reasonable?
>> We can validly assume that a postal ballot conducted with real paper,
>> and delivery by the Australian Postal service is going to be valid.
>> Even if the new rules become disallowed.
>>
>> The number of people who can vote is small and I don't think the
>> $100-200 (or even LESS) to do this -- just to ensure it is absolutely
>> right and waterproof -- is too onerous to ask.
>
> What has that got to do with the Lions Award money?  What's the
> reasonable argument there?

1. AUUG seems to be the current trust holder for the Lions Award Money

2. If you haven't yet noticed, AUUG has agreed to some form of
    resolution about its future

3. Whether AUUG continues to be the Lions Award trustee or not partially
    depends on if AUUG exists in a form where it could be that trustee

    (obviously there are other factors, for example, AUUG could continue
     but hand over the trust for the money to another valid party)

4. Let's say AUUG does choose to wind up

But for some reason there's enough grieved parties to question what
happened and why.

I really don't think I need to explain this further :)

DSL