[AUUG-Talk]: Whither options for continuing AUUG

Greg 'groggy' Lehey Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au
Sun Jan 20 15:49:01 EST 2008

On Sunday, 20 January 2008 at 15:24:58 +1100, Christopher Vance wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 02:33:53PM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>> In my case, it's certainly because I believe that that would be
>> counterproductive.  The real question is: can AUUG remain incorporated
>> without any means of income?  It's possible that the answer is
>> somewhere in the flood of mail over the last couple of months, not all
>> of which I have read, but I believe that it is possible.
>
> We have ongoing costs, which I trimmed severely when I was
> Treasurer, but some of which are unavoidable and still ongoing.

We discussed these a while back, but I don't recall coming to
agreement.  Which costs would remain?  My recollection was that it was
the re-registration of the domain auug.org.au, which I'm prepared to
pay for out of my pocket.  What else is there that would remain
relevant in this situation?

>> Agreed.  Of course, that wouldn't even be necessary if AUUG remains
>> incorporated.
>
> An AUUG without a Board will end up with its incorporation cancelled
> some time or other, anyway, right?

It could take a while :-)  But I wasn't saying without a Board.

Let's look at this from the point of view of keeping AUUG alive.  What
difficulties are there in what I'm suggesting, and how do we surmount
them?

Greg