[AUUG-Talk]: Whither options for continuing AUUG

Christopher Vance Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au
Sun Jan 20 15:24:58 EST 2008

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 02:33:53PM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>Aren't you putting the cart before the horse here.  Does AUUG need to
>dissolve?  That, I thought, was what the ballot was to be about.

I'm trying to look forward, and may find my premise to be untrue, but
the ballot is indeed about this.

>In my case, it's certainly because I believe that that would be
>counterproductive.  The real question is: can AUUG remain incorporated
>without any means of income?  It's possible that the answer is
>somewhere in the flood of mail over the last couple of months, not all
>of which I have read, but I believe that it is possible.

We have ongoing costs, which I trimmed severely when I was Treasurer,
but some of which are unavoidable and still ongoing.  At some stage an
incorporated AUUG without income will become insolvent.  It may take a
while, but the approach to zero is not asymptotic.

>Agreed.  Of course, that wouldn't even be necessary if AUUG remains
>incorporated.

An AUUG without a Board will end up with its incorporation cancelled
some time or other, anyway, right?

--
Christopher Vance