[AUUG-Talk]: Any activity?

David Newall david.newall at auug.org.au
Wed Apr 23 01:22:36 EST 2008

Frank Crawford wrote:
> 	While I'm not on the board, I'd propose that the board drops the
> membership fee to $10, effective immediately and then try and encourage
> some of the past "rabble rousers" back in and convince them to stand for
> election.

Ignoring the legal requirements, for the moment, what is the point in
having a board?  There is nothing for AUUG to do.  It's members do
nothing collectively, except the occasional social meeting, and these
occur in spite of AUUG, not because of it.  These social meetings don't
even get written up for the web, which is a pity, not to mention
selfish.  (I'm particularly glaring at the "Calzone Gang".)

You who are members:  get off your lazy hind legs and do something.  The
current situation is a farce.  Failure to wind up at the recent vote was
shameful.  How dare you keep AUUG in this limbo when you know perfectly
well that none of you are willing to do anything.  As you are hell bent
on not winding up, then at the very least change the constitution to
automatically expel any member who fails to make a contribution within a
90 day period.  I'm serious.  AUUG has no use for the current, lazy
bunch of no-good bums who pretend to be members.  If you do nothing then
piss off.