[AUUG-Talk]: Any activity?

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Tue Apr 22 22:51:58 EST 2008

Folks,
	I thought the outcome of the dissolution ballot was to continue on?
Since then there has been almost no activity (baring a meeting being
arranged in Sydney).

	Has there been any meeting or updates by the board?  Are there any
plans to move forward?  Before long it will be time for an election, and
unless we get sometime in place the current board or at least the bulk
are unlikely to continue on, and we are in a worse position.

	While I'm not on the board, I'd propose that the board drops the
membership fee to $10, effective immediately and then try and encourage
some of the past "rabble rousers" back in and convince them to stand for
election.  At least it gives an exist strategy for those on the board
who are ready to retire.

	What is the general feeling?

Regards
Frank