[AUUG-Talk]: A note on points of order

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Tue Dec 11 23:01:48 EST 2007

To all those making procedural points of order:

The patient is dying while you ask for the forms to be filled in.

I don't know how Victoria does it, but in the ACT and NSW, a key test of
any activity by an incorporated association is good faith. Whatever is
done in good faith, barring utter incompetence, is likely to stand,
especially if it can be shown to have been what the membership would
have wanted, or at least not too far from what they would be likely to
have accepted.

Also, unless someone takes issue with something to the extent of
challenging it in the appropriate legal forum, just about anything short
of criminality will stand, too.

As long as those people still giving of their time are making a good
faith effort to find out what members want and to execute those wishes,
I think points of order are just being obstructive.

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (h)

GPG fingerprint: DD23 0DF3 2260 3060 7FEC 5CA8 1AF6 D9E3 CFEE 6B28
Public key at  : random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de