[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Don't close AUUG down!

Peter Jeremy peter.jeremy at alcatel-lucent.com.au
Tue Dec 11 12:24:23 EST 2007

On 2007-Dec-11 11:46:17 +1100, Adrian Close <adrian at auug.org.au> wrote:
> If you don't want to become financial, then I respectfully suggest that you
> may not possess the required level of committment to the organisation.
> Seriously, it's not a huge amount of money for an organisation of computing
> professionals and it's tax deductible, right?

To look at it another way, I would suggest it _is_ a lot of money to
spend solely to vote to disband AUUG.  Based on the discussion I have
seen to date, it seems extremely unlikely that AUUG will continue in
its current form - it will either totally disband or continue as a
fee-free organisation.

I'd also point out that the $125 membership fee is supposed to include
a quarterly DVD.  I think it's something like two years since I last
saw one.  I accept that there are valid reasons why the DVDs have not
been forthcoming but for at least two years, AUUG has been promising
and charging for something that it has not provided.

--
Peter Jeremy