[AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUG: Time to pull the plug?

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Sun Sep 17 00:58:54 EST 2006

Hi Lucy,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 10:12:09AM +1000, Lucy Chubb wrote:
> I havn't pushed the call for entries very hard yet this year because of
> concerns about what is happening re. AUUG as a whole and the conference
> specifically (which is where the award has been usually presented). Having
> these questions raised doesn't fill me with confidence...
>
> Can I have a reassurance re the conference before reminding the people
> I think are interested in applying for the award that they need to get
> their applications in soon?

The conference is definitely going ahead and it would be great if
we had a Lions Award presentation to go with it. The hotel is
booked, speakers have booked flights, and online registrations are up.
There is no denying that we are off to a late start, but we have
started!

I am not certain that is the reassurance you are looking for :-/
Can the board do something more concrete for you?

Cheers,

Raymond
raymond at humbug.org.au