[AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUG: Time to pull the plug?

Lucy Chubb lucy at chubb.wattle.id.au
Fri Sep 15 10:12:09 EST 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 11:22:42AM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>   - Donate all the funds to the John Lions chair of computer science
>     at UNSW.

As the award chair, to my understanding, this would be the right place
for the funds to go (but someone needs to make sure that AUUGs contribution
has been paid in full -- for a long time, because of cash flow problems,
AUUGs contribution was not placed into the Lions award account .. I don't
know whether it ever was).

I havn't pushed the call for entries very hard yet this year because of
concerns about what is happening re. AUUG as a whole and the conference
specifically (which is where the award has been usually presented). Having
these questions raised doesn't fill me with confidence...

Can I have a reassurance re the conference before reminding the people
I think are interested in applying for the award that they need to get
their applications in soon?

Regards,
Lucy Chubb