[Talk] Re: Reminder: Discussion of AUUG futures on auug-talkmailing list

David Lloyd lloy0076 at rebel.net.au
Mon Jul 8 16:55:45 EST 2002

Heh...

> 1 freebsd-chat equivalent list is enough for me..

We all have our tolerance levels; I tend to be able to cope with
hundreds of e-mails per day. If you get the feel for a list, you can
tell how sensible an e-mail is by just looking at the subject and one or
two lines of it.

> I think the over division of lists is a killer - I believe that having
> one list and then splitting it if necessary is way better than having
> many well defined lists with not much happening in each one.

Perhaps.

> It's not like you can change the list charter to be members only later
> if it proves to be popular as well :)

The steps are reasonably simple:

1) Make said policy decision
2) Contact busmgr at auug.org.au
3) Do the following pseudo-code:

while (shift @members) {
	unless ($_ isa auug_member) {
	 unsubscribe;
	}
}

You'd probably want to be a little more friendly but it's not impossible
as you seem to suggest...

DSL
--
And Ptah begat the thought and the word