AUUG AGM 2007 (Notice of Annual General Meeting)

Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au
Wed Nov 14 15:07:56 EST 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 11:31:50PM +1100, Adrian Close wrote:
> The Annual General Meeting of the AUUG for 2007 shall be held at the Rose
> Hotel, 406 Napier Street, Fitzroy (Melbourne), Victoria, on Wednesday
> December 12th, commencing at 7pm.
>
> Agenda:
>
> - Officers' reports.
>
> - Management Committee vacancies.
>
> - Dissolution/continuance of the AUUG(!)
>
> Please let me know if you have any other items of business for the meeting.

Starting now, financial members can get a copy of the Treasurer's
Report (July 2006 - June 2007, prepared by our accountant) by emailing
me at the address above.

If you think you're financial, but aren't sure, you can ask me.
Please let me know whether you only want to know your status, or if
you also want the report.

If you know your membership number, that'll help, but I am able to do
fuzzy matching of names and/or email addresses against existing
records.

Once you have the report, and have questions raised by it, please
email me.  Health reasons may prevent me attending, but I will attempt
to have written answers for all questions by email reply, and
available at the meeting for financial attendees, just as if you'd
asked me at the meeting.

As a clarification to the last point on the agenda: the (majority of
the) board believe the default result of the AGM should be dissolution
of AUUG unless we can get extra board members before or at the AGM,
and the AGM passes a motion to continue.

Aforementioned health reasons suggest we might also need a new
Treasurer before the next election is due, but that is not certain.

Don't forget: "Nominate early, nominate often."

--
Treasurer