[AUUG-Talk]: [Auugps] [Fwd: [Webmaster]: Aussie overseas inquiring about AUUG]

Norberto Meijome numard at meijome.net
Sun Sep 6 20:05:26 EST 2009

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 18:59:33 +1000
Frank Crawford <frank at crawford.emu.id.au> wrote:

> Craig, Steve,
> 	I agree that I think this is an interesting idea.  It would be a
> continuation of AUUG and John Lion's traditions.  I'd like to see a
> physical printed book, as well as other distribution mechanisms.  I
> agree that we aren't intending to make money, so making it freely
> distributed is a good idea, although it should have a copyright, but
> something like it should be freely available to all, just give attribute
> on where it came from.

FWIW, the idea of publication sounds good, although going to the extent of
printing a book/ periodical seems, to me, like embarking on a whole swath of
issues to be managed.
Even well established and fully staffed publications like ACM Communications &
IEEE's Computer are going fully digital (not yet ditching the hard copies...
but i think it's only a matter of time before they do) .... maybe start from
website / ebook and see how it looks once there is something to be published.

regards,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Intelligence: Finding an error in a Knuth text.
Stupidity: Cashing that $2.56 check you got.

Warned.