[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Lawrie Brown Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Oct 28 12:00:22 EST 2008

Hi All

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:10:47AM +1100, Christopher Vance wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:44:11AM +1100, Karl Auer wrote:
> >Passing assets to individuals or groups of individuals *for the good of
> >the group* is not affected by rule 28.
> For example, the macbook holding the accounts needs to stay with the
> person holding the paper accounts documents.  By now it's probably not

Noting all thats said - can I please make it clear that we are ***NOT***
planning to transfer any assets to any individuals. The plan is CLEARLY
to pass them to suitably incorporated associations (namely AUUGPS for
the digital assets & paper archives, and likely LCA or similar for
most of the remaining, non-Lions finances).

Can we PLEASE concentrate what is clearly a limited amount of people's
energy & enthusiasm on the main game, which is manageing a controlled
wind-down of AUUG. We really don't need distractions or side arguments.

Thanks
Lawrie