[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

David Newall david.newall at auug.org.au
Tue Oct 28 03:17:17 EST 2008

Kevin Dawson wrote:
> I'm
> particularly disappointed with David because even after semi-private
> correspondence on the matter, you still persist in trying to force the
> issue.

Your disappointment is regrettable.  I'm doing an unpleasant job, but
one which is essential and perhaps quite timely, too: there apparently
is still a brief opportunity for members to control the outcome.  I plan
to continue, at the same gentle, plodding pace, until the matter is
resolved one way or another.  I won't rush anyone, but I will ensure
that the job gets done.  I believe I'm doing good, and the recent flurry
of activity encourages me in that view.

I planned not to say, but since you mentioned it, I did find the
semi-private nature of your correspondence awkward, and felt hampered by
the need to respect your confidence.  I saw no need for secrecy, still
don't, and much prefer having everything out in the open.