[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Sun Oct 26 10:40:35 EST 2008

Lawrie,
	I agree whole-heartedly with your desire to keep somethings of AUUG's
history, etc, alive, the first steps of this is getting some form of
action from the current board or a replacement board.

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 09:32 +1100, Lawrie Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Okay, I put my hand up as one of the current 8 financial members.

And fairly obviously as a Life Member, I'm stuck without an explicit
resignation on my part (which I'd prefer not to do).

> Speaking for myself, yes I voted for AUUG to continue, because I believed
> the wind-up proposal was, at the time, too hasty.
>
> Yes, I am COMPLETELY in agreement with the proposal mentioned by Groggy
> above, for there to be an "informal association" to take over some
> key assets of AUUG, specifically the domains, website, email lists etc.
> I rather suspect most of the others voting for its continuation felt
> likewise.

Okay, what do you believe an "informal association" would be able to do?
Certainly the items you mentioned are more likely to be signed over to
individuals who have an interest in keeping these things working.  But
I'm wondering about the structure of such an association in a more
formal sense.  If it does have some formal structure, then it may be
better to keep AUUG Inc. going.
> Otherwise is there a suitable incorporated association that could take
> over whatever is then left of AUUGs assets on wind-up? Which is clearly
> going to happen one way or other, fairly soon.

If the board doesn't take any action, what mechanisms is there left to
handle any transfer?  I think it basically come up for grabs after AUUG
folds.

> I'd love to know.

Same here.

> Regards