[AUUG-Talk]: dissolution ballot

Greg 'groggy' Lehey Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au
Sun Mar 16 15:19:31 EST 2008

On Sunday, 16 March 2008 at 11:04:35 +1100, Frank Crawford wrote:
> Steve,
>
> On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 08:46 +1100, steve jenkin wrote:
>> David Lloyd wrote on 16/3/08 12:17 AM:
>>
>> Rattling around like this isn't going to get anything done.
>
> You are right, and we don't really get another chance in the near
> future to wrap up cleanly.  A large enough group of the membership
> feels that AUUG should continue, but unless sufficient people pull
> together to make it work we will fold anyway, and in a much less
> controlled fashion.

Stephen Rothwell, David Newall and I have already put a proposition to
the board which we think will work.  We're sure that we can provide
the work needed to implement it.

> Can I also add that it appears to me that the most vocal people on
> this list are NOT financial members of AUUG at the present time.
> While I know you feel a strong sense of being part of AUUG, I think
> we need to somehow correct that ASAP.

Sure.  Drop membership fees.  That's been my theme all along.  One of
the reasons AUUG is fading is because most people realize they're not
getting anything like their money's worth from the membership fees.

> So Adrian, etc, (i.e. the Board) how can we fix this?
> Unfortunately, at this point we do need some direction from the
> Board, even if it is just making it possible to get others in to
> take over their positions.

I suppose this is what you're referring to here.

Greg