[AUUG-Talk]: dissolution ballot

Christopher Vance Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au
Sun Mar 16 12:53:33 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 08:46:59AM +1100, steve jenkin wrote:
>The only things we know for sure are:
> - almost nobody wants to serve on the board

We can reduce the required headcount by constititional change.  It's
probably a good idea now that we're much smaller.  I'll try to get the
Board discussing this, but we still need a certain number of
designated bunnies.  Since you've all chosen to remain incorporated,
those bunnies have certain legal requirements.

> - the people there are pretty much exhausted

Definitely.

> - if anything is to happen, NOW is the time to act
>
>My feeling was the ballot was the Last Big Effort from the board.
>Having that fail now puts AUUG into real quandary:
>
>    What now??

That's where you all have to help out.

I don't think I'll be the only Board member unavailable at the next
election.  I've done my bit as Treasurer to cut costs and get other
things done, but I'm in the exhausted category above.

--
Christopher Vance