[AUUG-Talk]: dissolution ballot

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Sun Mar 16 11:04:35 EST 2008

Steve,

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 08:46 +1100, steve jenkin wrote:
> David Lloyd wrote on 16/3/08 12:17 AM:
>
> Rattling around like this isn't going to get anything done.

You are right, and we don't really get another chance in the near future
to wrap up cleanly.  A large enough group of the membership feels that
AUUG should continue, but unless sufficient people pull together to make
it work we will fold anyway, and in a much less controlled fashion.

Can I also add that it appears to me that the most vocal people on this
list are NOT financial members of AUUG at the present time.  While I
know you feel a strong sense of being part of AUUG, I think we need to
somehow correct that ASAP.

So Adrian, etc, (i.e. the Board) how can we fix this?  Unfortunately, at
this point we do need some direction from the Board, even if it is just
making it possible to get others in to take over their positions.

Frank