[AUUG-Talk]: Re: does auug have a future?

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Feb 19 18:45:20 EST 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Kim Hawtin wrote:
> I believe that it would be worthwhile for AUUG
> to put together a Mini-conf, as the interest
> in Solaris, OpenSolaris, MaxOS X, Dtrace and
> friends, is only growing in the community that
> attends linux.conf.au.

Seconded. Or supported... whatever! It reads like
a fine idea, & very low-energy as far as AUUG's
effort toward it is concerned.

I started the Edu mini-conf at LCA in 2003; the
process is now much smoother (although AUUG's
initial go would cover a fair range of ground)
& the variety of interest which Kim points out
is most definitely visible at LCA.

Cheers; Leon