does auug have a future? (Re: [AUUG-Talk]: Query about "unincorporated successor AUUG's" and AUUGs domain)

David Fitch auug at parachilna.com
Tue Feb 19 13:31:23 EST 2008

auug is in it's final death-throes, the corpse is still
occasionally twitching but it's not alive.  There seems
to still be some "members" who refuse to see that though
(I use the word "members" to include people like me, a
long time lurker and former paid-up member who let it lapse
a few years ago when I ceased getting value for money).

The only decision that needs to be made is do you (the
paid-up members who it seems are the only ones who can
effect a change) majorly transform auug to try to become
relevent again or just let it fade away.  I would prefer
the former and think Greg's post of Fri 15th Feb that it
should continue in a free form is not only an excellent
suggestion but the only viable way.

It is a little disappointing, but perhaps not surprising,
that there is so little discussion on the subject
(pointless bickering aside), the conclusion is that most
people simply do not care, in which case the decision has
already been made.

Dave.