[AUUG-Talk]: Query about "unincorporated successor AUUG's" and AUUGs domain

David Keegel djk at cybersource.com.au
Sat Feb 16 10:19:18 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 12:58:28PM +1100, Christopher Vance wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:05:31AM +1100, Lawrie Brown wrote:
>
> >Also in terms of assets to be disposed, one of my key concerns is
> >with AUUG's domain name (auug.org.au), and I'd like to ensure its
> >continued existance (specifically because a number of use still use
> >the canb.auug.org.au sub-domain ... and we VERY much want that to remain

> Somebody who wants the name might be wise to check what rules apply to
> transfer of .org.au domains.

Currently the Transfer (Change of Registrant) policy is:
http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2004-03/

It looks to me like 3.1 a)(ii) could be applicable here, as long as
a Deed of Assignment was made between AUUG and the new organisation,
and the new organisation was eligble to register an org.au domain
(http://www.auda.org.au/policies/auda-2005-01/).

However, auDA is currently working on changing the policy to allow
registrant transfers for any reason (after a panel recommendation in
December 2007, http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-13122007/)