[AUUG-Talk]: Any activity?

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Thu Apr 24 08:22:44 EST 2008

David,

David Newall wrote:
> David Lloyd wrote:
>> Yes, for example there's a meeting we hold every 2nd Wednesday, 7 PM
>> at Marcellina's restaurant in Pulteney Street in Adelaide. YOU could
>> actually come along and I extend that invitation despite the fact that
>> you seem to imply that the people who do come along are "lazy, bunch
>> of no-good bums who pretend to be members.".
>
> I actually couldn't come along, but never mind that. Even if these are
> just social events, you must write it up for the web.  AUUG activity
> needs to be seen.  Put some effort into it!

I'll write the next one up for the web and send it to
webmaster at auug.org.au (I assume) as plain old HTML unless the webmaster
would like it in some other format.

I still fail to see how forgetting to write something up for the web
makes anyone lazy or a member of a bunch of no-good bums who pretend to
be members; I don't call that a good way to manage volunteers at all.

DSL