[AUUG-Talk]: Re: The future of AUUG (was: So, How was it? [Last AUUG Conference])

Christopher Vance Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au
Fri Oct 19 12:25:25 EST 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:09:50PM +1000, Karl Auer wrote:
>> In particular, there's a conference "BSDCon
>> Asia" that has been held in Taiwan and Japan so far.  Would there be
>> critical mass to organize the next one in, say, Sydney?
>
>That suggestion was raised at the meeting. I'd be happy to help with
>such a project, or indeed with another straight AUUG conference.

It was suggested AUUG aim to host AsiaBSDCon somewhere in Australia in
2009.  A requirement of this is that the 2009 committee be involved in
organizing the 2008 conference (Tokyo) and attend it.

This kind of thing is a long haul job, and I don't think we have
people sufficiently available and committed to undertake this sort of
thing, although I'm willing to be proven wrong.

AUUG also doesn't have the cash flow or reserves to do this sort of
thing without significant sponsorship and assistance.

--
Christopher Vance