[AUUG-Talk]: AUUG AGM, Sunday 14 October

Joel Sing joel at ionix.com.au
Thu Oct 11 19:04:25 EST 2007

Hi Steve,

> IIRC, the AGM during the conference was announced on the list some time
> back.

I hope this is correct, however searching for "AGM" or "annual general
meeting" in my AUUG announce box doesn't show up any such messages.

> Anyhow, defects in procedures can be overcome by a vote of members.

I don't see how this would work - you can't have members at an invalid AGM,
vote to ignore the lack of notification. Anyway, as I said earlier, I don't
want to be a wet blanket, however I've had to deal with the mess resulting
from a similar situation and it's not fun...

Cheers,

Joel
             => Joel Sing | joel at ionix.com.au | 0419 577 603 <=