[AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUG AGM 2007 (Notice of Annual General Meeting)

David Vincent d__ at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 18:04:00 EST 2007

Dear Kevin,

On 14/11/2007, at 17:16, Kevin Dawson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 11:31:50PM +1100, Adrian Close wrote:

[ ... ]

>> Please let me know if you have any other items of business for the
>> meeting.
>
> I'd like to propose a change to the Constitution, aimed at increasing
> participation at meetings.

> At present, clause 17.1 says:
>
> 	"For each general meeting, a quorum shall be 10% of voting members,
> 	personally present."

> The change is:
>
> 	"For each general meeting, a quorum shall be 10% of voting members.
> 	Attendance is by personal presence or by teleconference."

I'd like to second that.  The EFA have had a similar clause for many
years, and although I have been to no meetings (at least lately) they
seem to be happy to keep it.

(: With a nod to the NSW rail authorities, one could argue that this
is simply changing the definition of 'participation'.  But, that's no
reason not to do it. :)

It might be worth checking in at the EFA to see whether they actually
have many teleconf meetings.  I expect they do, and they may well
keep transcripts or minutes.  If so, they might be a source of
strategy and tactics for making such meetings effective.

warm regards

David

- --

David A Vincent                          dvincent at toshiba-tap.com
Software Engineer                       telephone +61 2 9850-2593
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT         TOSHIBA (AUSTRALIA) PTY. LIMITED
      "when drinking clear water, remember who dug the well"