[AUUG-Talk]: AUUG2007 speakers

Steve Landers steve at digitalsmarties.com
Wed Feb 7 15:16:19 EST 2007

On 07/02/2007, at 12:53 PM, Adrian Close wrote:

> Now, please, can I get some speaker/theme suggestions?

Someone from Apple (Jordan Hubbard?) talking about
	- the use of OSS technology in MacOS X
	- innovative new features in MacOS X

I'd also like to get a photo of Jordan Hubbard standing next to
Gordon Hubbard :)

I would also appreciate hearing Joel Spolsky of "Joel on Software"
fame.  See http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2007/01/26.html for a
recent post talking about his company's use of OSS + proprietary
software in an cross-platform product they produce. Joel would be
both provocative and entertaining, and would bring another
perspective into the production of commercial software (both
technical and non-technical issues).

Perhaps someone talking about the new ZFS file system and the
implications for cross-paltform software development and deployment.
Either someone from Sun or perhaps one of the FUSE people (lots of
interesting stuff on the MacFuse page at http://code.google.com/p/
macfuse/ )

Someone from the L4 group at UNSW or from one of the companies that
uses it (Qualcomm?) talking about the L4 Microkernel (we tried to get
someone last year but it didn't work out). - http://l4hq.org/

Steve