[AUUG-Talk]: Impact of AUUG 'de-association'

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Fri Dec 21 12:20:49 EST 2007

On 2007-12-21, steve jenkin wrote:
> 2. I explicitly asked last time if the Board would investigate this option.
>     Not acknowledging for the second time is inexcusable. It's very
> intentional.

As anybody who is still awake is quite well aware, the AUUG Board has
been suffering for ages from the fact that the wider membership of AUUG
(including me) has been unwilling to step up to the plate and do some of
the work that needs to be done.

The problem of lack of responses from the Board has been real for some
years and is not limited to any one person.  (I have made various offers
over the past few years, some of which have been enthusiastically
accepted when discussed face to face, but nothing has ever come of
them.)

I don't think any of us have the slightest right to complain about the
performance of the Board unless we have stood for election and actually
worked to help the Board do a better job.

Cheers, Greg