[AUUG-Talk]: agm minutes

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Tue Dec 18 11:09:40 EST 2007

On 2007-12-18, Adrian Close wrote:

> The ballot must be conducted within a month of the meeting.  You get a two
> month grace period on your membership, so you will be financial for the
> ballot.

Speaking of which, what's the position for people whose membership has
expired at some unknown time in the past who might want to be able to
vote?

I have no idea when my membership expired -- I rely on all the many
organisations I belong to to send me renewal notices when required, but
it seems that AUUG stopped doing that some time in the past.  With the
limited indications of life in AUUG, it's hard to tell the difference
between being a current member and not, so I was not provoked into
renewing.  Had I received a renewal notice, I would have renewed on
auto-pilot as always.

Anyway, can we find out:

  1. When membership expired?

  2. What is required to renew?

  3. Whether the answer to (2) depends on the date given in (1)?

  4. If it's possible to renew in time to participate in the ballot?

  5. If the answer to (4) is yes, what is the procedure and final date
     for action?

Greg