[AUUG-Talk]: bequests and benefactors

Jon Wright jgw at mac.com
Tue Dec 11 20:48:25 EST 2007

On 11/12/2007, at 7:09 PM, steve jenkin wrote:

> The money can be split to both LA and UNSW (JL Chair).
> But it dilutes the effect to both.
>
> If the AUUG money goes into LA:
> - will it make much of an impact?
>  - Will the name of AUUG live on?
>
> I don't know, but suspect 'no' to both.
>
> The JL Chair will find the money useful, and will create a permanent
> plaque recognising the donation.
>
> My suggestion:
>    - Donate all the money to just one place.
>    - by Democratic vote of the people who can still be bothered to be
> financial.
>    - Find someone sympathetic to hold the DNS, website, 'historical'
> things.

In the event that AUUG is wound up but there is a motion to keep the
web-site/name/etc going then I would be prepared to host it from home
simply to prevent it going away.

Of course, there are probably many far more suitable people to do it
but I am happy to act as the emergency net underneath them.

Regards,

Jon Wright.