[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Don't close AUUG down!

David Newall david.newall at auug.org.au
Tue Dec 11 11:36:37 EST 2007

Christopher Vance wrote:
> Ongoing costs include about $1500/year for accountants fees wrt our
> tax return.  This could probably be reduced but we don't have anybody
> offering to do it for free.

AUUG could be decorporated (if such is a real word.)  That should remove
the need for audited accounts.  The operating costs can be slashed if
need be.

We don't need a phone, fax or PO box: these inbound services can be
donated by any member, and it's quite simple to update numbers on the
web each year, if that has to happen.  (Good to hear most of these
services have already been canceled.)