[AUUG-Talk]: Issues of AUUGN from Vol 1 No 1 onwards available

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Sep 30 21:49:30 EST 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Norberto Meijome wrote:

> I think that the idea of giving the originals to the national library is
> great - but for the purposes of having more eyeballs on them, I think it
> would be best to scan them (unless anyone still has soft copies..? ),
> make them into PDFs and make them available online. Even better, if the
> authors have no issues, attach a CC license to them.

Soft copies?  We're talking 1978, and I think I have an 800bpi 9-track
tape, which might, just, even be readable.  And in the early days they
were mostly photo-copies of other articles.

> A hell of a job, i know... but if it's there's interesting material in
> them...

All my papers were interesting :-)

> btw, being a newbie to AUUG i would like to know how many pages are in
> each issue (avg) of AUUGN...

All double-paged, so I'll count physical pages.  Vol 1 No 1 was two pages,
Vol 1 No 2 was fourteen pages (many photocopies, including one of Ken and
his Chess WMD (in modern terms)), and it sort of went from there.

Oh, and a few sketches of what looks like a toad rampant, bananas gules,
with peanuts (this *was* the 70s, after all, when Bjelke-Jo reigned in the
Deep North).

-- Dave