[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Membership Renewals

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Thu Sep 28 10:12:24 EST 2006

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 09:32:19AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Does the secretary@ address work?  Not.

Actually, secretary at auug.org.au is working fine. It looks
like my server's spam traps are at fault:

>  raymond at diadora.client.uq.net.au
>    (ultimately generated from raymond at humbug.org.au)
>    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
>    TO:<raymond at diadora.client.uq.net.au>:
>    host diadora.client.uq.net.au [203.15.51.3]: 554 5.7.1
>    <raymond at diadora.client.uq.net.au>... Please see
>    http://spf.pobox.com/why.html?sender=cagney@redhat.com&ip=203.15.51.6&receiver=diadora.client.uq.net.au

If you go to that URL it explains that this is an SPF rejection
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll see what can be
done to resolve this. (I have a sinking feeling that if I
change secretary@ to point to the 'real' email address I will
get the same problem? Anyone here know? Time to switch off SPF I
guess :-()

Meanwhile, please do use board at auug.org.au if secretary at auug.org.au
fails for you.

Finally, a big thank you to everyone who has got through to
seceretary at auug.org.au for their membership details and renewed!

Cheers,

Raymond
raymond at humbug.org.au