[AUUG-Talk]: Constructive Ideas for AUUG

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:03:12 EST 2006

UKUUG is humming along nicely

Volunteers are often people at the lower end of the $ spectrum.
Volunteers are likely to be more scarce at pay for access events.
Perhaps a mix of events in that regard could help.

Here is an event they are holding soon which is being talked about
by UK geeks.

UKUUG is pleased to announce a free evening talk, "Introduction to
> OpenSolaris", following our AGM on Thursday evening.  This talk aims to
> introduce you to the world of OpenSolaris in terms of what it is, how it
> relates to Solaris, how it is developed, and its future goals.

Perhaps there could be some of these kinds of things which might be
good here too. UKUUG a less distributed population geographically, but
we are possibly more inclined to travel around a bit.

Might be worth having a chat to these folks and seeing what works for
them and what hasnt had as good a response.