[AUUG-Talk]: [Fwd: Re: AUUG scanning for Google Print]

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Nov 25 14:39:08 EST 2006

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006, Frank Crawford wrote:

(Quoting Google)

> We prefer to use destructive scanning and will not return the journals
> after digitization. However, in cases where it's the last copy
> available, non-destructive scanning and journal return is available.
[...]
> Google will not deliver scanned images back to publishers unless Google
> terminates the service/agreement.

In that case I must regretfully withdraw my offer.  My conditions are
simple: they are not to be destroyed or otherwise disposed of, and must
remain available for public viewing.  And if scanned, I would appreciate a
copy of the PDF.

If, however, they are indeed the last copies (which I suspect they are)
then I'll entertain their *non*destructive scanning and return, and I'll
forego the PDFs.

-- Dave