[AUUG-Talk]: [Fwd: Re: AUUG scanning for Google Print]

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Sat Nov 25 13:40:32 EST 2006

Folks,
	Below I've included one of the messages from Christian who is arranging
this from the Google end.  It answers a few questions that people have
raised.  The biggest two issues (aside from copyright for some of the
articles we have published) is that we don't get the PDFs back (unless
we cancel the whole deal) and the method of copying.

	A sample can be found at:

(Christian DiCarlo - Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:29:37 -0800)

The final result will look at lot like the books we've digitized in
Google Book Search. Here is an example of a full view book:
http://books.google.com/books?as_brr=1&id=yYyVRueWlZ8C&vid=ISBN0534952119&dq=computer&jtp=12

The key difference is that the AUUGN will have link to download (the
design of the links and content on the page might also be slightly
different).