[AUUG-Talk]: Rebuilding zoneinfo files for WA Daylight Saving?

Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au
Thu Nov 23 11:26:13 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 09:56:29AM +1000, Warren Toomey wrote:
>All, does anybody know how to change zoneinfo source files to deal with
>the fact that Western Australia will be going to daylight saving on
>December 3rd? I'm using FreeBSD, but I'd expect that the changes are
>not platform specific.
>
>I'm sure that FreeBSD and the other vendors will have a fix by Dec 3, but
>I want a contingency plan just in case.

OpenBSD source is in /usr/src/share/zoneinfo/datfiles/australasia.
I'd guess other *BSD would be in a similar place.

The syntax isn't trivial[*], but you can play with make (in the right
ancestral directory) and zdump to check if you've managed to say what
you wanted to say.

I'm guessing that [*] is actually the bit you wanted help on.  :-)

--
Christopher