[AUUG-Talk]: Re: [BUGA] Sell me an Apple!

David Vincent d__ at mac.com
Wed Mar 29 20:17:50 EST 2006

On 29/03/2006, at 13:13, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

> Quoting David Vincent <d__ at mac.com>:

[Snipped]

>> thought this was more of a quirk than a fundamental defect.
>>
>> Gary talks elsewhere about other issues apparently with the hardware
>>
> Not me, that was Greg, Greg Black, to be precise.  I don't own a Mac,
> but currently sit near a few at work, at least until I start my new
> job,
> which probably won't involve a Mac, I think.  Restructures do that to
> you.

Gary, I am mortified, or at least my wetware is.

> [SNIP]
>> No, the real lesson that Apple programmers (and others) should have
>> learned by now is:
>>
>>    No matter what you do, some clod is going to flame you for it.
>>
> Nah, but I'll flame _you_ for inadequate functional wetware.  :->
>
>         Cheers,
>                 Gary    B-)

I don't know whether I'd have been so restrained if someone had
misquoted me in this way.  (Or are you just getting warmed up? :-)

I've re-read the previous posts.  I offer my apologies to you, to Greg
Black, and the list in general.  I most foolishly confused your
identities, and then posted without checking.

In addition, I do not mean to imply you might be a clod.

Regards,

d.

- --

David A Vincent                       dvincent at toshiba-tap.com
Software Engineer                    telephone +61 2 9850-2593
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT      TOSHIBA (AUSTRALIA) PTY. LIMITED
"We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities"  W.Kelly