[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Sell me an Apple!

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Tue Mar 28 21:25:00 EST 2006

On 2006-03-28, stephen white wrote:
> On 28/03/2006, at 1:34 PM, Greg Black wrote:
>> To be slightly more specific, applications (both 3rd party,
>> e.g., Firefox, and Apple-supplied) crash regularly.  And the
>> crashes sometimes leave the machine wedged so that it requires a
>> hard reboot to recover.
>
> There is something wrong with your machine. All your subsequent
> conclusions are based on your hardware being faulty.

It must be great to be able to make such confident assertions
about a machine that you've never seen.

> Take your Powerbook back to Apple and get it fixed, then see what you
> think.

As far as Apple are concerned, it is just fine.  (Yes, they have
looked at it; more than once.)

But, even if it worked properly, what I'd think is pretty much
what I think now.

> May be too late for you, but OS X is BSD with actual
> applications.

That's a matter of opinion.  I much prefer using real BSD with
the usual applications.  I have both available to me, all day
every day, and I know perfectly well which I prefer.

You may have other preferences, but they don't cut any ice with
me or my needs.

Anyway, everybody knows what I think of Apple, Apple hardware,
Apple software and Apple service.  I won't say any more about it.

Cheers, Greg