[AUUG-Talk]: The next conference

Stephen Jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Nov 8 10:36:00 EST 2005

Greg,

Usually the date & theme would be set before the end of the current
conference.  This year is significantly different: AUUG's paid admin &
conference organisor for ~10 years (Liz Carrol) unexpectedly stepped down
a couple of months before AUUG 2005.  This has forced the Exec to run the
conference differently this year and upset all operations of AUUG
profoundly...

So, I'd expect the Exec *will* announce the 2006 conference date & theme
in a reasonable time.  It can take a while to negotiate a venue, so we'll
have to wait for that.  Tradition has Melbourne next...

This major upset will bring significant change to AUUG and how it operates
- the Exec needs some time to retarget itself & programmes.  Giving them
some lattitude, understanding and even help would Be A Good Thing :-)

I'm not on the Exec, so I'm not privvy to their processes & decisions.

HTH
sj