[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Mobile phone/PDA recommendations?

Steve Landers steve at DigitalSmarties.com
Fri Dec 9 15:56:36 EST 2005

On 09/12/2005, at 12:09 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> Recently our CTO made it clear that a Real Man uses a Heavy-Duty PDA,
> and suggested that I should get hold of one.  I'm not overly
> convinced, but it's looking like I need a new mobile phone, so I
> should at least investigate the alternatives.
>
> I've done a bit of looking around, and to my immense disappointment I
> discover that most of the more interesting devices are
> Microsoft-based.

As you've probably seen - I've got a combined phone/pda (a Kyocera
7135 Smartphone).  I've also got a HP iPaq (mainly for porting
software).

As much as I like the Kyocera, if I was doing it again I'd seriously
consider a separate phone + PDA.

Re the PDA - maybe the new Nokia 770 would be of interest to you - a
Linux based tablet device. One of my colleagues in Europe has one and
loves it.

HTH

Steve