[AUUG-Talk]: American Book Store -- false advertising

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Fri Jul 30 17:32:30 EST 2004

For many years now, every issue of AUUGN has carried a full-page
advertisement for the American Book Store in Brisbane, clearly
stating that they offer a 10% discount to AUUG members.

Today, when trying to support local businesses, I attempted to
buy several hundred dollars' worth of books from those people
and was told categorically that the advertisement was incorrect
and that they would under no circumstances offer any discount to
AUUG members.

Could we please have the offending advertisement either deleted
or at least corrected in future issues of AUUGN?  In the mean
time, I'll take my business to Amazon.

Cheers, Greg