[AUUG-Talk]: ACA says that Anti-spam laws are working...

John Dalton John.R.Dalton at member.sage-au.org.au
Fri Jul 23 12:11:51 EST 2004

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> On the other hand, how much of it is from Australia?  I've identified
> about four messages.  In each case, I've forwarded the message to the
> relevant abuse department asking for a response by a certain date.  In
> each case, I have had no response.  I've been meaning to forward the
> messages and my response to the ACA or whoever does this stuff, but I
> haven't yet found out how to do that.

I've only identified two messages from an Australian operator.  I did
look into the procedure for making a complaint, which involves a bit
of mucking around.

I tracked down the company which sent the emails and gave them a call
asking how they got the addresses (one of which was a spamtrap).  They
  called back a couple of days later basically to ask me to repeat the
details of my complaint, but that was the last I heard from them.

John Dalton