[AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUGN Format

David Purdue david.purdue at auug.org.au
Wed Dec 8 14:23:09 EST 2004

Hi Sam,

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Sam Stainsby wrote:

> Sounds great. Any info on the details of the portal that they are
> designing? Any business requirements specs.

The board is not yet ready to go public with details - we have set some
basic goals and seen a preliminary design, but we need to make sure that
this can be deployed in a manner that does not over tax our limited
resources. I don't want to get ahead of myself here - while I can see that
this is an idea that is bradly supported, I can't yet commit to a time
frame for deployment.

> my examination of a
> large number of OSS CMSs and portals have lead me inevitably to
> Zope/Plone as a solution. I hope this is being considered for your project.

Again, without commitment because I am not the one doing the work, this is
the technology we are leaning towards.

Your offer to help with implementation details is noted.

Thanks,

DavidP