[Talk] SSL Certificates

Duane duane at sydneywireless.com
Thu Feb 13 20:19:27 EST 2003

Hello Andrew,

Currently I haven't tried to get the root cert included into mozilla,
as others have tried and were asked for trading histories etc etc etc

I'm still trying to get time to finish the site off, with the users
verifying users thing happening... it's been mentioned on slashdot
numerous times and I've lost count of copies of the root cert
downloaded in excess of 30,000 times last time I checked, and so far
there has been almost 250 certificates issued to date...

I created the site because I was sick of paying for them, even for
personal sites, and with blunders from verisign and verisign jacking
the price of thawte certs, I sat down and replicated their system more
or less as much as I could... Plans for faxed verification in the
pipeline, but there would still be some sort of free certificates
issued based on email verification (which is what some of the
commercial certification issuers only check, apart from credit card
payments)

--
Best regards,
 Duane                            mailto:duane at sydneywireless.com