[Talk] SSL Certificates

Andrew andrew at ugh.net.au
Thu Feb 13 10:56:05 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Ben Elliston wrote:

> No, I had not.  This is exactly what I had in mind, with one caveat:
> that their root certificate be installed in open source browsers,

I don't think this occurs as yet although I can't be certain. It wasn't
included with my mozilla 1.0.1 built from the FreeBSD ports. I have to
admit to using a closed source, commercial browser at home (and that
didn't have the certificate). Good thing about the open source browsers
though is that you could easily make the suggestion and get a response as
to why or why not. Perhaps cacert has already approached them?

Thanks,

Andrew